(",)

LoveHateFollowers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why Vosovic?


Daniel Vosovic's picture, taken from theblayreport.com

Many people asked me, why Azham Vosovic? Is the name that my parents give me not suitable enough? Well, it all started with my fetish to Russian names like Milla Jovovich (pronounced as mee-luh yo-vo-vitch) when I was in secondary school. For me, Russian names sounds sexier, and I wanted to have one even though I have no Russian traits in my blood.

Then I watched the first season of Project Runway, and I saw this guy with a very sexy name, Daniel Vosovic. His designs are fresh, it shows his confidence, and he even won the All-Star Challenge of Project Runway though he did not win the tittle in Season 1. 

That is a brief history of how I become Russianized until right now. Some said that I should find my own identity but I don't feel anything wrong with this name as it does not affect any of my personality. In fact, not many Malaysians know him right? 

As for me, I just want to get the spirit of this fashion designer. It is not easy to do something which is out of the norm, like when a man gets involved in fashion. I just want to run across the stereotype of humankind, and do something extraordinary. Well, life will be so dull if you just follow only one rule so please try to cheat on it.

danielvbook_coverphoto.jpg

Image taken from: Daniel Vosovic's interview

To my Russian brother Daniel Vosovic, I hope that you don't mind me getting into your family tree? All the best in your life, and I hope that one day we can meet up. I will see you in New York when I get there okay? Really looking forward to wearing your designs. 

8 comments:

EzayHadry said...

Vosovic..hihi kazen aku dh de name cam russia..nanti jangan cari jodoh jauh2, susah nak ke sane..lol

Mohammed Faizal said...

sedap pe name vosovic...memang Russian ler.

Unknown said...

Ezay Hadry: heheh, baik cousin. Sy cari org Semenanjung..preferably org jauh2 dr Kedah sikit hehehe...

Faizal: huhuh, sedap kan? Haha, bolehlah setakat nak feelin2 Russian ni....

Izzul Faiz A.M. said...

hey, no wonder i mcm familiar je ngan nama vosovic... i pun suka project runway, hehe. well, vosovic suit you very much!

Unknown said...

Izzul: hahaha, I know right? Btw, Project Runway sgt best...selalu berangan I masuk competition tu walaupun I x pandai menjahit dan melukis rekaaan pakaian hahaha

Sizzling Suzai said...

laaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr..betol lah sbb Danial vosovic tuh!!! haha...i mesti la fan of project runway kn..latu tgk nme u sejiban je..biaq benak u pun tgk gak..hahha yup Russian name is sexy! ^^

Sizzling Suzai said...

laaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr..betol lah sbb Danial vosovic tuh!!! haha...i mesti la fan of project runway kn..latu tgk nme u sejiban je..biaq benak u pun tgk gak..hahha yup Russian name is sexy! ^^

Unknown said...

Yeas! that's true.... He's my idol in fashion hahahaha..... pandai pon Suzai hehehehe

("-")