(",)

LoveHateFollowers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Daddy's Lonely

[016.JPG]
I do not own this picture

Daddy’s lonely, he sings and he drinks his beer.
He sits on his wheelchair and reflects about past year.
It was when mommy went missing, she packed all her stuffs and left.
The last news I heard was she remarries in Dunedin with Mac.

Mommy can’t take the pain of carrying daddy to pee,
Cleaning up the faeces daddy can’t handle himself.
Daddy’s private moment in the bathroom is now shared with us
When we have to wash the area mommy used to adore so much.

I don’t know whether mommy was cruel for leaving him,
But a wife’s place is by the side of the husband right?
And mommy is nowhere to be found, hidden.
I guess she’s no longer part of our family?

And daddy is counting his days to death,
Wishing that mommy is here with us.
Daddy knows that mommy will never be home,
Daddy knows best as always.

Accessible Travel - Wheelchair Travel


*This is a poem to help visualize violence towards ill person. I am certain that the persona is true, that his mother is no longer part of the family when she left the handicapped husband. This is sick and I don’t know what will happen to me if I were to face the same situation one day.

2 comments:

Elle Who? said...

love this poem...vair touching :)

Unknown said...

Alhamdulillah, glad that it touches people's heart. Thanks for coming Amalina! I want more "angker" stories! heheh

("-")