(",)

LoveHateFollowers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Going Places: Lata Bayu


Lata Bayu is a beautiful spot for those who love to sit back, relax and enjoy the nature. Situated approximately 15-20 kilometers from Baling town, it has attractions like waterfall, camping site, jungle trail, observation tower and even pools for visitors to enjoy the freezing cold water!

 

This is the pool I am talking about; that one is for kids and those with families. When my family still lives in Baling, Kedah, we always go here during weekends and in fact my late grandmother's house is not far away.


This is the pool for teenagers and adults! Yeah, this is so my place! The water is quite deep especially near the cascade or "lata" and you can see the deepest spot which has a dark bottom. My cousin was almost drowned there because he is from KL and he does not know how to swim sort of thing hahaha. Actually, many people have died here, trust me because my mother is a policewoman and she always scares me with that kind of story.


If you guys are up for more adventure, climb up this stairs and see where the waterfall begins. Yes, I have climbed up the stairs and experience a scenic view of the hill. The waterfall sources from the uphill stream and there are many levels of waterfalls and pools. Let us see what what is good up there...


This is the view from the mid-section of the hill/waterfall. Let us take a break and enjoy the scenery because we still have a long way up.


Wow, look at the stream! Isn't that refreshing? The water is freezing cold and I love it so much. Rumor has it that one should not mandi here when it rains and even after rain because the stream can be very violent; ever heard of the deadly kepala air phenomenon?


Oh my...look at the greenery, the streams, the rocks and everything. Isn't that God's creation so calming and beautiful? I don't think humans can re-create a scene like this because it is almost impossible. Thank you Allah for making the earth such a beauteous place ;)


When you go deeper into the forest, please watch your mouth and behaviors too. Forests like this has its secret, and its occupants (penghuni) too so behave well yea? My late grandmother used to tell me some ghostly stories happening around here, so I will always remember that.


Lata Bayu was once popular as a teenage maksiat spot but when the leptospirosis virus infects some people, it was closed for a while. Now, it is open and safe for public and surprisingly, I see less couples doing their extra-curricular activities here. I hope they have learnt their lesson, and this place will be a better getaway for the tourists. 


Alhamdulillah, I have reached the point where the waterfall starts. Look at the view, isn't it stunning? Well, rumor has it that if we are bold enough to travel deeper into the forest, we could see a better waterfall with its untouched beauty. Believe me or not, why don't you guys and girls pack your bags and experience it yourself. I haven't been to the other side of the waterfall and not planning to but I wonder what is the secret being hidden from our eyes? My late grandmother told me that bunian lives there too...oh my...

P/S: This is an honest review about Lata Bayu, whatever is written is true or had happened before. I heard it from someone and I shared it here, so it is up to you guys and girls to digest the story. Lata Bayu is a really wonderful place for family hangouts, so despite the eerie stories I told it is still one of the best in my heart. 

If any of you are interested, here are the links about a better review of Lata Bayu ;)

and

13 comments:

bobiedanbad said...

what a wonderful world :)

Daddylicious said...

sempoi sungguh tempat ni...;)

FIFIEY LYCHEE MARATION said...

i really love waterfall compared to beaches:)

teha said...

waa ! syok nyee g air terjun !

Unknown said...

mcm best je :D ttp aku prnah lemas kat kwsn air trjun, so tak brani sgt nk mandi.. huhu :)

Unknown said...

bobie: hehe, alhamdulillah...a truly beautiful place we are living in...

Daddy: wah...mmg sempoi heehe

Fifiey: me too! for me, waterfall is much safer than beaches, I don't know why...

teha: hehe, mmg syok! try lah!

Zuan: alamak, kau pon tergolong dlm kumpulan budak2 KL yg tak tau berenang lah? hehehehe

ewanthology said...

menariknya..tapi kat baling ya?

jauh.. huhu

Unknown said...

A'ah...my hometown...hehehehe

SyedGraphix Dot Com said...

fuyooo! bercuti! bila nak bawak i gi sana? Eh .

Unknown said...

eh x boleh...you jauh hahahaha

semutsengal said...

malasmalasmalas nak tengok gmabr,

khairul akmal bin azman said...

dah mcam blog cuti2 malaysia !

good job bro

Unknown said...

semutsengal: haha, ala siannya kau...merajuk ey? hahahha

kay: haha, nampaknya begitulah...hehehhehehehe

("-")